Wednesday, April 27, 2011

AWI Militia Advancing


American Militia - Fife & Drum Miniatures

I finished painting and basing an American militia regiment for the American Revolution, using only the "advancing" poses in the new Fife & Drum Miniatures range of figures. So I now have two regiments: one is comprised of firing line poses, and the other is comprised of advancing poses. It seemed like a good way of telling the two regiments apart.



Here is a view of both regiments, forming a brigade of 400 men at a 1:10 ratio of figures to men.

If you are interested in ordering some of these nice figures, then head on over to my Fife & Drum blog (see link on the left hand side of this page).

One other piece of news: today I ordered several scenic backdrops from PECO in the UK. Now I can finally say good-bye to the old blue towel that I have been using as a photo background. Good riddance to that. I am looking forward to its arrival, hopefully next week.

7 comments:

  1. Exquisite as always Jim,
    Congratulations,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb figures and basing, inspiring as always.

    But to lose the blue towel... that is a tragedy!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely painted!

    Can't wait to see some Continental or British line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the blue towel, Jim. You can't... This is political correctness gone mad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to let you know that I have nominated you for the "Stylish Blogger Award"

    Regards,

    Fabrizio (the other Altefritz..)

    ReplyDelete