Sunday, February 11, 2018

Charge of the Zieten Hussars!


Lt. General Hans Joachim von Zieten leads the charge of the Zieten Hussars.
CLICK ALL PICTURES TO ENLARGE

PRUSSIA FOREVER!

I thought that I would arrange a photo shoot of some of my Minden Prussian hussars to see what they would look like as a wall of snarling charging horseflesh. The Hans von Zeiten personality figure is heroically leading the charge. Austrians beware!
Three squadrons of 12 figures charge: the Zieten Hussars (HR2) in blue and the infamous Black Hussars (von Reusch) HR5/



A ground level view of the charge. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this one.

This was a fun picture to set up and shoot. I had this image in my mind for a little while now and wanted to put it into practice. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment in the comment box below.



16 comments:

  1. They all look magnificent. Great clarity in your photos. I think the top one would lend itself to photoshopping to make it seem real.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I can almost hear the thundering of the hooves.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great photo's, Jim, as well as excellent figures. I also really like the action of the first photo.

    I'm sure you have said elsewhere, but did you paint the Background Boards? They are excellent.

    Best wishes, Rohan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is from PECO model railroad scenery. It's about 24-inches wide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. I have just found an Australian outlet, and ordered some of these. They appear to be the only ones without "modern bits". Cheers, Rohan.

      Delete
  5. A most colorful, impressive and beautiful cavalry...and scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scheessck! If I was Austrian, I would want Kuirassiers to face off that lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now these are absolute crackers Jim. Sensational looking figures and so expertly painted.

    ReplyDelete